Monday, April 21, 2008

Introduction to WhatIf-ItIs

This blog is concerned with possibilities and potentials for advancing human consciousness.

It is informed by my personal artistic and shamanic experiences covering the last thirty years of my professional career and related to my life long, unsought after, encounters with the "non-ordinary", irrational and mythic forces of life and consciousness.

My Vision Quest name is: Black Bear.

I received this name in a seminal "transpersonal experience" while fasting three days in the Canyon Lands of Utah in 1984.

I cannot explain IT, neither can I forget IT.

I have spent decades in deconstructing, analyzing and for periods of time trying to reject IT.

However, in the end, IT IS a calling and spiritual vocation.

I can only humbly surrender into and learn to celebrate IT through sincere service to our human family and the "One Spirit that lives, breathes and takes ITS being" by expressing and teaching my experience of "the Good, the True and the Beautiful".

So this Blog concerns my understanding and practice of Neo-Shamanism, my concepts of IT as an obvious hiding place for the "Divine Expression" and further possibilities for advanced sharing and experience.

It emerges into the world with new and profound experiences signaling that the time is now for my 'Elder Craft' to be shared with the world at large. This move has been occasioned by a return, my first, to my families ancestral homeland in Ireland. Like my Vision Quest 24 years ago IT IS an experience that I cannot explain nor reject; but will surrender to in humility and respect for the mystery and purpose of the All That IS.

In recognition of this initiation in Ireland, as an 'elder' returning to assist "people with the right feeling" I offer my teaching here/ now to those that can see and hear ITS truth as: J. Murphy BlackBear.

I hope to share many ideas and resources here for those who seek to know and understand the ways and means of consciousness in expressing their own dreams and visions.

IT IS a momentous and humbling endeavor I personally undertake in the making of this Blog. I can only trust, as always, in "the good reality" with the love and support of my family and many friends in making my bold and unprecedented plunge into the digital world of connection, opinion and possibility.

I look forward to your comments and questions, concerns and desires as we share IT together in the coming posts.


No comments: